Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada's top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we're looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
The Category Manager works collaboratively across the entire organization to bring products from ideation to on-the-shelf in an accelerated timeline. This role is responsible for pricing, packaging, and the promotion of HEXO's portfolio of vapes/concentrates products.
The Category Manager is the Subject Matter Expert and the one source of truth for their products.
Primary job responsibilities
• Become the Subject Matter Expert in product categories for both internal and external stakeholders
• Manage a portfolio of products that perform in line with HEXO's capabilities and business objectives including revenue targets and market share goals
• With the support of management, develop a strategy on how to win the category across Canada
• Lead the entire product development process including identifying opportunities, business case and charter, leveraging consumer insights, quality to production, packaging and commercial readiness
• Own the Go-To-Market strategy while coordinating with cross-functional teams to support execution
• Know the category and consumer intimately; analyze and keep up to date with market trends to identify new product opportunities, leveraging consumer insights and market data
• Work closely with the insights and sales team to maintain optimal assortment (including SKU rationalization and new SKU introductions)
• Oversee the successful execution of marketing campaigns that will increase and defend HEXO's market share across Canada
• Maintain HEXO's master SKU database updated with up to date and accurate product information
• Participate in HEXO's Stage-Gate process; conduct and present a full business case analysis, feasibility assessments and manage COGS targets that will meet corporate business goals
• Experience managing and launching new products from concept to commercialization
• Experience managing product life cycle including evolution pipeline
• Experience in brand or product marketing
• Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and basic supply chain principles
• Strong knowledge in analysis, pricing, assortment/product planning, financial realization, business processes
• Relationship builder who can cope in high pressure situations
• Passion for consumer insights and knowing the consumer better than anyone else; ability to translate this into a business opportunity
• Highly organized with exceptional project management discipline and experience
• Creative thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
• Entrepreneurial experience considered an asset
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process.
Pay Type Salary
- Company Name
- HEXO Operations Inc.
- Job Location